In 2007 I launched the Idealist podcast with a team of colleagues.
My goal was to introduce to the broader Idealist comunity the amazing leaders that I was privileged to know through working at a national nonprofit. My first show was a series of interviews about careers; later shows focused on civic life and grad school admissions as well.
Developing the podcast requires:
- Conceiving of a show’s theme and guests
- Researching guests and their field
- Scheduling and recording interviews
- Editing audio (I use Garageband)
- Uploading to Libsyn (which contributes shows to our iTunes stream)
I’ve been lucky to work with talented interns who’ve supported the show through their research, transcription, audio editing, and other assistance.
Here are someshows I recorded and produced:
- Emerging Corps: Blue Engine’s Nick Ehrmann
- A Pride Month Interview – Lesbian and Gay Perspectives in AmeriCorps and Peace Corps
- Peace Corps in China: An Interview with Country Director Bonnie Thie
- Idealist Grad School Podcasts